9 Tips for Selling your House!
Suzy Hahn has developed a detailed proprietary Task List customized for each home she lists. Hers is a well documented track record in Victoria for past 23 years in Customized Home Preparation Plans For Sellers resulting in superior exposure to buyers.
“You don’t get a 2nd chance to make a first impression”!
For additional tips or a consultation CALL 250-381-SUZY (7899).
A well-manicured lawn, neatly trimmed shrubs and a clutter-free porch welcomes buyers.
- Clean, buy or paint your front door, get new mailbox, new doormats
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra materials, future projects to the dump
- Check gutters, roof for leaves, dry rot and moss
- Trim plants that block windows: lawn freshly cut, edged
- Power wash stairs, driveways, walkways, etc
De-clutter & scrub entire home
- Keep decorative objects to groups of 1 or 3 on furniture max
- Create a walking path remove old excess furniture, etc
- Have all light bulbs working & use highest voltage permitted
Bathrooms: scrub super clean & caulk around tub, sink etc crisp towels
Beds: gender neutral bedding- in master ideally matching solid color bedspreads & shams- borrow or buy new ones, get rid of excess furniture
Kitchen: Clear refrigerator of ALL messages, magnets, pictures
- Use an aluminum foil oven liner, clean off counters
- Check range hood filter if it needs rinsing or replacing.
Clean windows inside & out
- Clean out your closets donate or pack up majority
- Need extra storage? Use garage, rent storage or ask family /neighbors to store some items.
Look at your house “through buyer’s eyes”
- Buyers are driving by to see if they choose to view your home
- Open all curtains and blinds & some windows for fresh air
- Close garage doors, all toilet lids to be down
- NO PET/SMOKE ODORS-Febreeze, Stick and Refresh works
- DO NOT STAY home when buyers come to view
- When going out, have soft music playing
- Turn on ALL lights & lamps including outdoor lights later in afternoon
TIP 8 Don’t distract buyers with furnishings for sale you don’t want to take with you, many sales are killed over this, keep it separate. When you have a firm sale you can then negotiate what you wish to sell.
TIP 9 Potential buyers are looking not only for ample living space but also for storage space. Clear out, de-clutter and air out your attic and basement. The building inspector and bank appraiser have to view it all and the buyers will be excited for extra storage.